How To Use (face roller)
HOW TO USE
- Always start with a clean face and a clean roller. For an extra de-puffing and soothing effect, keep your jade roller in the freezer and take out right before using.
- Apply your favourite skin care products first before using the roller. You may also re-apply them after rolling.
Move from the centre of the forehead towards the hairline, rolling towards the ear, down to the temple. Repeat 4-7 times. Focus attention on fine lines and eyebrow furrow.
Use the small roller to tone the lids and under-eye area. Move from the inner corner of the eye area to the ear.
Nose, Upper Lip, Chin
Use the larger roller to work from the nose out to the ear. Continue with the upper lip, lower lip, and the chin. Roll along the lower jawline of the chin, making your way to the ear. Repeat on the other side.
Jawline and Neck
Start at chin and swipe upward toward cheekbones. Make sweeping motions up under the chin towards ears, then down the neck toward the collar bones.
The idea behind this is that you’re breaking up sedentary blood vessels and moving pooled up blood in capillaries away from your face.
Improve Your Health With Gua Sha!
Based on a 2000-year-old Chinese technique, this tool offers a myofascial release to quickly and effectively relieve muscle and joint pain.
HOW TO GUA SHA:
- Start with a clean face and a clean gua sha board. Apply a few drops of your favorite oil to your face and press it into the skin (you could even use your face roller to do this).
- Holding your gua sha board at approximately a 15-degree angle, use the board to swipe along your cheeks while you use your opposite hand to hold your skin in place (you should experience a gentle tugging sensation). When you reach your hairline, wiggle the board just a bit. Repeat these strokes 5-10 times (max).
- Repeat across the remainder of your face, using your free hand to hold the skin in place while you swipe, avoiding the delicate under eye area (we’ll get there but that delicate skin requires extra care).
4. Finally, use the rounded corner of the gua sha board to very gently swipe across your under eye area, again using your free hand to hold the skin in place. Repeat 5-10 times being sure to keep your strokes very light so as not to damage the skin. Gua sha is best performed regularly, try it right before bed to release tension and prep your skin and mind for rest!